Optifine 1.17.1/1.16.5 is a client-side mod for Minecraft which improves performance and gives you a little bit more control over how the game looks and behaves in some cases especially on some low performance systems.
The Mod to Run Minecraft on a low end PC
Optifine can actually mean the difference between playing with a decent 30 fps and playing with about 10fps or 15fps. For some people it really is a very helpful mod and it’s worth being downloaded.
This is to be considered as a tool because it can really improve the way you play minecraft and in aesthetic terms it makes the game look better.
You can find the bedrock edition and java edition and both versions have slightly different changes.
The java edition works very good and pretty well on low-end systems and even on old-pc.
At this moment, Optifine is an essential tool to improve and smooth your minecraft experience.
Optifine HD Mod Features
Optifine is basically a tool that improves the visual settings and Minecraft performance. It can make the game run faster on some computers and enhances those visual features like rendering, system, details, texture’s quality and lighting .
Optifine is a unique mod among others that is not actually reliant upon Minecraft forge.
It can be added to the forge mod pack like other mods.
This mod comes in three versions, lite, standard, and ultra.
Every version has its own features and advantages.
Many of Optifine’s performance and visual features can be configured through the option “Video Settings” in the options menu. Some of these features are:
- Fog gains some quality when we toggle them.
- The smooth lighting increases a bit when it is toggled.
- You can change texture packs in-game instead of reloading a world.
- It can render snow under fences and snow or grass can visually cover full blocks rather than just their top sides.
- Options like ‘Dynamic lighting, Dynamic updates and chunk updates can be found on this mod.
- It includes an option known as ‘Fast math’ which causes more optimization in the rendering process to further increase the FPS rate.
- And some more features…!
Can OptiFine be used with Forge?
Optifine is compatible with Forge 1.16.3 and Fastcraft and if you use both mods with Optifine you will improve your gameplay experience much more.
This is a simple tool that in most cases doesn’t affect or conflict with other mods installed and you won’t have problems while running this and other mods.
Optifine is also compatible with shaders packs like KUDA Shaders, Wave shaders, Bsl Shaders and many others with no problems and issues between them and Optifine.
The best settings for NO LAG in Minecraft
With these recommendations you will increase your FPS while using Optifine 1.16, be sure to toggle the recommended options for this setup work properly on your pc.
Go to the “Options” and access to “Video Settings“, then you will see a menu with some options on it. Now the settings should be.
- Graphics: Fast (This will change the appearance of leaves, cloud, etc. and it makes the game faster)
- Don’t forget to always use VBOs: ON (VBO is an alternative rendering model which in many cases is faster than default rendering)
Now on “Quality” settings it should be in this way:
- Better Grass: OFF
- Clear Water: OFF
- Custom fonts: OFF
- Connected textures: Fancy
- Swamp colors: OFF
- Dynamic lights: OFF
- Custom Sky: OFF
- Antialiasing setting should be always OFF
- Better Snow: OFF
- Random Mobs: ON
- Smooth Biomes: ON
- Custom Colors: ON
- Custom Items: ON
- Natura Textures: OFF
OptiFine 1.16_HD_U_G1_pre18 - not working: antialiasing, anisotropic filtering and render regions - fixed CEM for skeleton horse and zombie horse (#3965) - fixed rain rendering over blocks when picking items (#3956) - fixed shaders rendering of banners, spider eyes and enchantment glint - fixed shaders depthtex2 (#3646) - fixed profiler smoothing - fixed dark GUI items when running with Forge (#3830) - fixed resizing of texture atlas sprites - fixed loading of custom normal/specular textures - fixed smart animations - added support for shaders - updated to 1.16 - compatible with Forge 31.1.63 (21.05.2020)
How to install Optifine 1.16.4
In order to install Optifine 1.16.4 in the new Nether Update on your Mac or Windows PC you will need to download the respective JAR file.
- Just double click the respective setup file that you downloaded, then the installation window will display and you will be taken to enter a folder for the Optifine installation.
- Click the button that shows you the default directory (the one with three dots on it). Then browse the folder which contains the minecraft installation. This should be Optifine’s directory
- Once you finish click the install and wait a bit to the mod installed on your pc
- After Optifine is installed you only have to open the Minecraft launcher normally and click the ‘installations’ tab, then hit the option ‘new’.
- Next step is to click on the version drop-down box and select the optifine option.
- Finally just hit the create button and now you are able to run the mod.
“Optifine properly installed, now it’s time to play with high performance.”
Download Optifine Tool for Minecraft 1.16.4
Download now the file needed for installing Optifine on Minecraft, if you still have any questions about downloading or installing the Mod, write a comment below reporting your problem.